Monday, May 23, 2011

An Ugly Mistake Turned Elegant!

The other day, while I was feeding Addison, I heard a loud crash followed by a "Whoops!". That's never a good sign. I went to investigate only to discover that my husband had accidentally knocked my Ponytail Palm off the balcony rail (how, I have no clue) and down the stairs where it had ended in a disaster. The pretty pot was in a million pieces but somehow the plant had stayed intact in it's container. Now I was a little worried about the damage to the plant because we've had it since we were first married and I have grown quite fond of it but everything looked great still so I put it back in it's place without the pretty pot. However, it wasn't a pretty sight. In fact, it looked rather ugly.So I searched around for a pot that was similar in size. No such luck. I sat down disappointed when all of a sudden I remembered this gorgeous hobnail milk glass vase I had found at the thrift store over the weekend for a buck! Light bulb moment!
Ta-da! It works perfectly and I LOVE the finished look. I like it even better than the original pot. I think the height really adds a lot. Now one thing I wasn't a fan of was the fact that the vase kind of blended in with the rail and the wall behind it so I am currently playing around with a fun little runner to put on the banister. I've been wanting to do this for awhile and am just now finding an excuse to do it! :)

Stay tuned for that.

Parties I link to.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!