Here are the materials you will need!
- Tulle (I found some white tulle at The Dollar Tree in the wedding section!)
- Rubber band
- A book to wrap the tulle around. The size of your book (or blu-ray in my case) will determine how big or small you want your pom poms.
1. To begin, close the end of the tulle in your book or blu-ray case and start wrapping it around. Wrap it about 20-30 times, depending on how full you want your pom-pom to look.
2. After you are finished wrapping, cut the tulle so it's no longer attached to the spool.
3. Cut the tulle down the center of the book and take it off the book. Keep the tulle in a neat stack.
4. Now cut the tulle in half again. Since I am a perfectionist, I like to measure the tulle so that I can find the exact middle. You could definitely just estimate though!
5. Combine the two piles. Now you should have a nice stack of squares!
6. Find the middle of your stack and gather it in your hand.
7. Use a rubber band to secure it in the middle.
8. Tie a piece of ribbon around the rubber band.
9. Begin to "fluff" your pom pom by separating the pieces of tulle. Pull the tulle in different directions so that it starts to form a ball. You will need to play around a bit with it until you have the look that you like!
Ta da! The perfect tulle pom pom! I actually created this pom pom to go on top of a gift box. I think it's the perfect embellishment! You could also use this same technique to create a fun hair bow or even add it to a decorative pillow. The possibilities are endless! :)
I hope you enjoyed my version of the pom pom! I LOVE the look it brings to the nursery and Addison really enjoys to look at it as well!