Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So Much Has Happened...

Don't ask me why it has been so long since I've posted. I guess things got a little hectic and then I just plain ol' forgot about my poor blog! Anyway, I really don't have a good excuse as to why I haven't blogged but I seriously didn't think it had been that long until I realized my last post was about Halloween. SERIOUSLY??? Sorry about that! I guess I had better get you all caught up on what's been going on since then!

So a few of you have been asking about my weight loss journey. Yeah. That had to stop back in November because...I found out I was pregnant! :)
We were beyond thrilled to find out we were expecting another baby! :) We also found out while visiting our families in Iowa so we were actually able to tell them in person instead of over the phone. It was amazing! We did find out that we are going to be having another girl and we are so excited about that! I am really thankful that Addison gets to have a sister because that is an experience that I never had and always wished I had. Don't get me wrong, I love having a brother, but there was always a part of me that was jealous of my friends who had sisters too! :)

So here I am, 33 weeks pregnant and am going to be having this little one via c-section on July 22! That is crazy close! We've been bustin' our behinds trying to get ready for her arrival this past month because I feel like it has kind of snuck up on us! We almost have the nursery ready, there are just a few decorative pieces we need to finish and hang. We also have purchased most of her clothing by either shopping the sales racks or second hand stores. Once Upon a Child had a 70% off sale this past weekend so we seriously stocked up! Unless it's something that is so cute I can't pass it up, I will hardly ever pay full price for baby clothing!

Moving on to other areas of life. A lot has happened there too!

In January, our little Addie turned 2! That was quite the surreal moment for me. I never thought I'd see the day when I had a two year old and yet, here we are! We were able to have a birthday party for her back in Iowa so we got to celebrate with our entire family!
We have a little diva on our hands! She LOVES to be at the center of attention so this birthday party was a lot of fun for her! :) She's grown up so much and gets more beautiful every day!

Moving on a few months. In March, we gained a new member of our family because my little brother got married! He definitely found his true match because she can out argue him! :) I love that about her! She's seriously perfect for him in so many ways though and I love having her as my sister-in-law!
The wedding was in Georgia so we traveled down there since all three of us were part of the wedding party! 

We then traveled to Alabama to visit some of our dear friends who will soon be moving to Costa Rica! It was so great being able to spend time with them again!

Well, obviously that's not all that's been going on, after all, it has been 8 months since I posted anything! However, I'm going to cut this short so it doesn't take you 8 months to read! :) I have tons of pictures that I'm excited to share throughout the next couple of weeks though so I will be back soon!

To those of you who are still around, thanks for stickin' with me! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So many exciting things happening in your life! I'm thrilled about your new addition and happy that your pregnancy has gone smoothly. Best wishes for a good delivery and look forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!