Friday, June 3, 2011

Bird Rescue

I saved a bird today. It was kind of a scary experience for me, not gonna lie. Before I get into that though, I have to share this hilarious video with you. 

Now if you are thinking, who is this guy and why in the world would she share this with us, then let me explain. His name is Tavin Dillard and he cracks me up. He's one of the few YouTube personalities that I actually really enjoy. I don't know what it is about him. Anyway, this is one of my very favorite episodes of Tavin. My husband, brother, and I used to watch it over and over. The thing with Tavin is if you just watch one of his episodes you will think it's just plain idiotic, and you are probably right. But after awhile he really grows on you and becomes hilarious (this is me speaking from experience people)! :) 

So today I saved a bird, Tavin Dillard style!

Here is my story:
Addison and I were hanging out in the loft this morning just minding our own business when our dog heard something and perked it's ears up. I didn't think much of it but then I heard it too. I went to investigate and noticed something moving in our wood stove. I knew immediately what had happened. 

This winter my husband had to take the cap off of our chimney because it was getting clogged up and he hadn't had a chance to get back up there to replace it. Our roof is steep and extremely high up. Anyway, the birds must have made a nest up there and when one of the babies was trying to fly, it accidentally fell down the chimney pipe. Take a look at our pipe. That would be quite the fall!
Here is a picture of the bird inside of the stove. I took this picture through the dirty glass because I was afraid if I opened the door, he would claw me in the chin! He just sat there and looked at me and said "Meep, meep" but his eyes didn't make that noise. (By the way, if you didn't watch the video, you will have no clue as to why I'm talking like this.)
I cracked the door open a tad and took a picture of him just standing there on the ledge waiting to be let out. Poor thing. He must have been traumatized! I said "Do you want to get out of here little bird?" I talked to him in English because I don't like when people try to speak bird talk.
Isn't he little?
So my rescue process went something like this. I nudged him onto a paper plate (which was easier said than done) and then stuck my Tupperware bowl over the top so he wouldn't fly.
I then took him outside and set him on the table where he could regain his composure.
He just sat there for a second and as soon as the wind picked up, he was outta there!
After this happened, I called my husband and told him what happened. He said "You're a hero today." :) Sadly I didn't have any ice cream though. I thankfully wasn't wearing my good shirt either though because I ended up getting soot all over me! 

Welp, there's my rescue story! :) Thanks for letting me have some fun with it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!