Friday, February 12, 2010

Introducing: Friday Finds!

Good evening everyone and Happy Friday! :) I wanted to start something new on my blog and hopefully I will be able to continue doing it! Anyway, as I am browsing the internet throughout the week I always see some fantastic things that I think are worth sharing but I never know how to go about doing that. Well today I decided that I will start a tradition of doing a "Friday Finds" on my blog. Since I am a school teacher and I don't normally have school on Fridays, it works out perfect for me to take the time and upload all of my fun finds with you! I hope that you enjoy these posts and if you ever find something worth sharing, send it my way and I will be sure to check it out! :)

Without further ado...this week's Friday Finds!

1. Jewelry: First of all, my friend Hillary has gotten me HOOKED on Etsy. Now I have never purchased anything from there, (I know, good self-control right? Haha!) but I always find something that I would LOVE to buy (Ok...I'll admit it...the hubby won't let me or I would!). Recently I have LOVED looking at the metal jewelry on there. There is some seriously amazing stuff! Check out this funky bird's nest! Isn't it awesome! MDsparks is one of my favorite jewelry sellers on Etsy. She sells this little number and...
this crazy cool necklace. These are just two of my favorites from her store!
Speaking of jewelry, if you have never checked out "The Vintage Pearl" then you MUST! She has some of the most amazing handmade metal jewelry I have ever seen! She just posted this bracelet today and I had to share it with you. *Sigh* Oh how I wish my husband checked the same blogs as me! :)

2. Crafts: So I mentioned yesterday that I love knitting. Well this cute little pattern was just posted today and she is having a 50% off sale for Valentine's this week! SCORE! I can't wait to try it out!
I also stumbled across this adorable little number earlier in the week. How fun are these blocks? Not only are they cute but they make a super cheap toy too! Yay for fun and frugal!
These also caught my eye. I found them on Etsy and am currently looking at them wondering if I could possibly make them myself. Hmm...it might take some thought but it's worth a try. If not, I can always buy one from KnitStorm! :)
And why did I not know about these AMAZINGLY AWESOME tissue paper pom-poms until this week? They seriously rock and don't look too difficult to make! I don't know what I would do with them yet but I am sure I could find some decorative use for them! :)
3. Food: One thing about me that I don't always admit to is the fact that I actually do not like cooking. Not at all. The only thing I do enjoy is making bread because my fantastic bread machine does all the work for me (more on that later)! Haha! However, I am never one to pass up a super fantastic recipe and this is one that caught my attention!

4. Storage/Organization: Since we moved into our house we have noticed that storage is pretty hard to come by. Don't get me wrong, we love our house, we just have a lot of stuff! :) One thing that we really need is storage in our loft. We converted the loft into an office/craft/sitting area but there is no place for storage and hardly any wall space due to the extreme vaulted ceilings. To solve our problem we have started looking at these from Wal-Mart.

I also stumbled across this great idea from Lindsey Ivory. Her and her husband modified the Elfa shelving system by laying plywood across some metal braces and she uses that as her work area. GENIUS! Nick and I are going to attempt to recreate a workspace similar to it so that my sewing machine has a place of it's own along with my HUGE rotary mat!

5. Home Decor: We have a vintage/antique theme in our kitchen and I am always on the lookout for things to add to my collection. Here are a few things that have caught my attention lately.

We have been looking all over for plates that match our kitchen and I think these just might work!

And check out these really cool antique utensils. Oh if I could only get my hands one some of these!
Well that's it for tonight! I am hoping to do a little post about some of my Valentine's finds on Sunday because I have lots and lots of really cool ideas! We will see what happens! :)

Let me know what you thought about my Friday Finds! If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to let me know! I'm just flying by the seat of my pants right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!