Sunday, February 21, 2010

While I'm Waiting

This weekend has been an emotional roller coaster for me. Quite a few things have happened that either lifted my spirits or crushed them into the ground. Having said that, let's move on. :)

I received some tragic news about a dear friend on Thursday and it has really been on my heart. It's so heartbreaking when you have to hear that a loved one is experiencing something devestating, especially at such a young age. Anyway, I will not share details in order to protect her privacy. Those of you who know her, probably already know what I am referring to. All I ask is that you send your thoughts and prayers her way. The Lord will know where they are directed.

Isn't it funny how tragic news can completely belittle every other problem in your life that was once a "BIG" deal. Yeah, that's what I am experiencing. Seriously, it's moments like those that make me realize I can be such a baby. I hate it, but it's true. I'm sure we have all been there. As I glance back over my week I realize that I have made mountains out of mole hills. I am sorry for that.

Here is something else that has been on my heart today. Being a mommy. Oh how I long to be that. It's something I have dreamed about my entire life and never did I imagine it to take this long. Every girl dreams of the day when she will be pregnant but she never imagines the road that it may take to get there. If someone would have told me that I would have to REALLY TRY, I probably would have brushed them off. I had it all planned out. I would get pregnant in the fall so that I would have the summer to recoup and get adjusted to being a mommy. Once I was ready, I would then go back to school. Oh yeah, we were also going to try for a boy first. RIGHT. That was all fine and dandy until the Lord reminded me that He is in control. Isn't it funny how He can quickly change your mind? After a year and some months of trying, we don't care when we get pregnant nor do we care if it's a boy or a girl. I feel stupid for thinking I had it all figured out. SO STUPID! Who am I to decide when it's God's time? Oh how ignorant we can be. Yes I long for the moment when I see that little + and get to share my excitement with the world, however, I don't know when and IF that will happen. All I can do is wait on the Lord and continue to praise Him as I do. Here is a song that has touched me this weekend.




Before I go I want to leave you with this. "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

And this:

We know and trust that there will one day be a third little Hargis added to our family. Until then, we plan to live our lives to the fullest and will continue to praise Him! Thank you to all of my caring readers! Each one of you means so much to my husband and me!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you EVERY TIME you come to mind. Praying for peace and encouragement for your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!