Thursday, May 26, 2011

My New Kitchen Containers (And a Very Jane Shout Out)

My kitchen needs a real updating and so far it has been a work in progress. One thing I've been wanting to do for awhile now is update my kitchen containers.

We've had the same containers since we were married and they were containers my husband had when he was a bachelor. Yeah. Not cool.
They actually weren't horrible but I am not a huge fan of stainless steel (I know, GASP) so I promised them to my brother. He happens to like stainless steel and he's still a bachelor! :)

So this time around I wanted to go for a more sophisticated looking container. That's when I discovered these simple, yet fabulous glass containers at Hobby Lobby. As soon as they went 50% off, we stopped by to pick them up!
I liked them and all but I felt that they could use a little sprucing up. Then I saw these amazing labels on Very Jane one day! If you want to hear more about Very Jane, scroll down to the bottom of this post! 


As soon as I saw them, I knew they were perfect! The best part of it was that they were super cheap! :)
Here is what they looked like straight out of the mailing envelope! So fun! Of course I couldn't wait to put them on so I went right to work. 

Here are the steps that I took in order to apply them.
1. First I cleaned the area where they vinyl was going to be. This would be easier to do BEFORE you fill the jar but mine was already filled so I had to make it work! :)
2. I then peeled off the backing and centered the vinyl where I wanted it.
3. Using a scraper from Pampered Chef, I made sure there were no air bubbles under the vinyl.
4. Then I peeled off the clear plastic.
5. Ta da! Now I have some cute labeled jars!
6. Don't they look much more sophisticated? Even this little touch has done wonders for my kitchen already. It's quite amazing what something so simple can achieve! :)

I am hoping to get more so that I can use the rest of my fun labels! Obviously I won't keep all the jars on my counter but they will definitely make my cupboard look much more organized!

Now do you want to know more about Very Jane? If you already know about it, feel free to stop reading here. However, if this website is new to you, you will want to know more. TRUST ME.
 
Very Jane is an online store that has a different featured discounted boutique item listed every single day. Sometimes the savings are up to 80%! I have been extremely impressed with the quality of items that have been listed too! So far I have purchased (including the free items that they had their opening week) 4 different items and they've only been around for a couple of months!

Here's what I've purchased so far!
 This adorable spring printout was absolutely free!
 
As were these adorable cabochon hairpins (which I completely love)!
 
 And just today I bought this fun bib which will have Addison's name embroidered on it! How cute is that?

Honestly, one of the first things I do when I wake up is to check and see what is listed on Very Jane! That is how impressed I have been with the items listed and their prices! The best part about it is everything that is listed is homemade! I love to support small businesses, especially those who create everything by hand! :)

So if you haven't already, stop by Very Jane! I will warn you though, it's a very addictive site and your husbands may hate me for sharing it with you! :)

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with Very Jane, I am just a very satisfied customer!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have those exact same stainless steal canisters and have been wanting to replace them with glass jars!
    I love this labeling idea! I actually made my own labels the other day but haven't tried them. I used a large sticker sheet, painted it w/ chalkboard paint, when it was dry I cut my shapes out w/ my cricut. Now I just need some jars to stick them too!LOL

    ReplyDelete

I always love to receive feedback from my readers!